Experience the height of romance and exceptional accommodation while discovering Namibia’s wilderness highspots on this 7-day/6-night desert safari. Spend one overnight on the Desert Express Train in a twin-bedded cabin with en suite facilities. You can also witness an afternoon lion feed at Okapuka Game Ranch and a dune excursion before flying to the quaint coastal town of Swakopmund. Enjoy two nights at Sossusvlei Mountain Lodge in an exquisite desert villa and explore the desert on quad bikes, open 4x4 safari vehicles or on guided nature walks.
- Desert Express Train
- Quaint coastal town of Swakopmund
- NamibRand Private Nature Reserve
- Sossusvlei and Windhoek
Day 1 : WINDHOEK
Upon arrival at Hosea Kutako (Windhoek International) Airport you will be met and transferred to Hotel Heinitzburg.
One overnight at Hotel Heinitzburg in a deluxe poolside room with an en suite bathroom. Accommodation is on a bed and breakfast basis.
Day 2 : DESERT EXPRESS TRAIN
Transfer from Hotel Heinitzburg to Windhoek Station. Depart on the Desert Express Train.
One overnight on the Desert Express in a twin-bedded cabin with en suite facilities. Accommodation is on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis, and also includes experiencing the afternoon Lion Feed at Okapuka Game Ranch and morning Sossusvlei excursion.
Day 3 & 4 : SWAKOPMUND
Arrive at Swakopmund Airport and transfer to Swakopmund Hotel.
Two overnights at Swakopmund Hotel and Entertainment Centre in a twin-bedded room with an en suite bathroom. Accommodation is on a bed and breakfast basis.
Day 5 & 6 : SOSSUSVLEI
Transfer from Swakopmund Hotel to Swakopmund Airport for light aircraft transfer to Sossusvlei Mountain Lodge. The surrounding area lends itself to numerous activities which include scenic drives by four-wheel drive vehicle on the NamibRand Nature Reserve where you encounter a variety of desert animals such as gemsbok, zebra, springbok, bat-eared fox, aardwolf, caracal and jackal. An excursion to the highest dunes in the world at nearby Sossusvlei will thrill both the keen and amateur photographer. Experience the dunes by All Terrain Vehicles with an experienced guide, who takes one along set paths so as not to damage the fragile ecology. Guided nature walks and hiking trails provide an insight to the scenic and ecological aspects of the environment with its wide diversity of desert-adapted flora and fauna. At the end of the day the stars, which light up the desert sky, are brought to life through the lodge’s high-powered computerised telescope, giving a close-up view of the galaxy.
Two overnights at Sossusvlei Mountain Lodge in a twin-bedded villa built into natural rock with en suite facilities. Accommodation is on a full board basis including park fees and scheduled activities.
Day 7 :
Transfer by light aircraft from Sossusvlei Mountain Lodge to Eros Airport.
- Twin or single accommodation
- Meals on a bed and breakfast basis at Hotel Heinitzburg and Swakopmund Hotel and Entertainment Centre
- Meals on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis on the Desert Express Train
- Meals on a full board basis at Sossusvlei Mountain Lodge
- Afternoon Lion Feed at Okapuka Game Ranch and morning Sossusvlei excursion
- Activities as offered by Sossusvlei Mountain Lodge
- Local brand drinks (premium brands to own account) at Sossusvlei Mountain Lodge
- Emergency evacuation insurance
- All items of a personal nature
- Gratuities and porterage
- Sightseeing and excursions in Swakopmund
- Visas (please thoroughly check requirements, depending on your client’s nationality, for the countries being visited prior to travel)
- Scheduled flights to and from Windhoek
- Domestic departure tax of NAD 75.00 per person from Swakopmund Airport
Quick and Convenient
Email email@example.com for further information to check
availability for your dates for Itinerary